As our client began to consider options around moving to part-time work, with an eye on the future and stopping work altogether, they began to seek an understanding of what their options were.
With other investments made throughout their life and several pensions accumulated throughout their career, spanning several different schemes with different types of benefits, our client wanted to be confident in a solution that provided the best options whilst bearing in mind their ongoing, short-term, employment.
They had an idea of what income they needed to enjoy their retirement and now wanted to make sure that their affairs were structured in the most efficient manner to achieve this.
After establishing what our client wanted to achieve, we assessed the complexity of their current situation and produced a solution that provided them with control and confidence.
At a glance, our pensions and retirement advice:
- minimised our client’s tax bill now and in the future;
- gave them a clear cash-flow plan that illustrated the various sources of capital and income;
- structured their pensions to suit their needs;
- incorporated their existing investments into the retirement plan;
- provided our client with an investment strategy that they understood and was commensurate with their objectives;
- tapped into the key benefits of existing pension schemes and consolidated remaining money into a flexible Personal Pension;
- calculated a sustainable level of income drawdown from the newly formed Personal Pension;
- provided peace of mind for our client, ensuring them that everything is actively managed by the experts at Canter Holland,
- and continues to offer ongoing advice, keeping our client up to date with their options and any changes in legislation.